Manage. Accumulate. Preserve.
In today’s world, you need to use a proven process that will help you make clear and rational investment decisions.
Our process is called M.A.P. Using this process, we help our clients gain knowledge and confidence through education and a well-defined plan. Our investment philosophy is founded on two principles:
- Understand, create, and implement an investment plan to achieve your financial objectives within the required time horizon.
- Preserve and grow your capital through rates of return, reduced risk, and tax efficiency.
Asset Allocation and Diversification
Our investment planning process concentrates on asset allocation and diversification among asset classes. This is one of the most important steps in the process. We help you define your objectives and implement a highly customized plan through the appropriate allocation of stocks, bonds, GICs, cash and alternative investments.
Our approach is simple. We don’t make bets on a particular market segment. The number of investment choices is growing, and each segment of the market has its own risk profiles and its own return potential. We don’t use past rankings as a predictor of future success; more correctly, we rely on a disciplined process. We thoroughly research all our investment recommendations, meet frequently with the fund and portfolio managers, and promote our independence to maintain an objective, unbiased review of the options.
Monitoring and Optimization
We regularly and proactively assess your timeline, risk tolerance shifts, objective of growth and/or income among the different asset classes to ensure the long-term risk dynamics of your portfolio are allocated properly.
Real after-tax rate of return is what matters. We understand that income taxes and investment management fees affect your real rate of return, so we always consider both when making investment recommendations. As your portfolio grows, we evolve the type of investment choices to best fit your needs and long-term objectives.
Fact-Based, Rational Decisions
Portfolio Manager (Managed Accounts)
Portfolio Managers manage investment portfolios on behalf of individuals.
- They have a fiduciary responsibility to act with care, honest and good faith, always in the best interest of the client.
- As a portfolio manager, they have obtained the highest level of professional education and experience in the investment industry.
- Your investments are managed based on the personalized objectives and risk tolerance outlined in your KYC (Know Your Client).
- You give discretionary authority to your portfolio manager to make investment decisions without getting prior approval from you for each transaction.
About Aligned Capital Partners Inc.
Aligned Capital Partners Inc. is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). You can find out more about Aligned Capital Partners Inc. by visiting their website. You can also review their Privacy and Conflict of Interest statement and Complaint Resolution Policy.