Committed to Protecting Your Privacy 1
RBA Wealth Management of ACPI and Aligned Capital Partners Inc. (ACPI) value your business.
We thank you for your confidence in choosing us as your source of advice and products. As our client, we know that you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protecting the information you share in the course of doing business with us. As an organization that collects, uses, and discloses personal information, ACPI is subject to federal personal information protection legislation, including the Electronic Document Act (or similar laws in the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, and Quebec). In complying with these laws, it is important that ACPI provide you with information so that you may fully understand the purposes for which your personal information is collected.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You have the right to:
- know why an organization collects, uses, or discloses your personal information
- expect an organization to handle your information reasonably and not use it for any purpose other than the one to which you consented
- know who in an organization is responsible for protecting your information
- expect an organization to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure
- inspect the information an organization holds about you and ensure it is accurate, complete, and current
- expect an organization to destroy your information upon your request and when no longer required for the intended purpose
- complain confidentially to an organization about how it handles your information and to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, if necessary.
We require your consent before we provide your information to a third party. You may cancel this consent at any time by providing reasonable written notice to ACPI (subject to legal or contractual obligations) by contacting our privacy officer.
We collect, use, and disclose your personal information only to provide you with our services. By withdrawing your consent, ACPI will no longer be in a position to provide you with the requested products and services. Therefore, by maintaining your account with ACPI, you are providing consent to our collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information, as set out in this agreement.
We do not require your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information when:
- this is reasonably required in the normal course of servicing your account
- it is required to collect a debt owed to ACPI by you
- such information must be provided to a law enforcement agency, securities regulatory authority, or self-regulatory organization
- such information must be provided to legal counsel for the purpose of obtaining advice.
How We Collect, Use, and Disclose Your Information
When you do business with us, we collect three types of information: personal, non-personal, and anonymous. We obtain personal information about you and keep it on file in accordance with industry regulations. Only authorized individuals and entities have access to this information. We assume you consent to us using this information appropriately.
We may use and disclose this information to:
- identify you
- communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner
- provide you with products and services that best meet your needs
assess your application for investment or other services provided by our firm
- evaluate claims and underwriting risks, when required
- detect and prevent fraud
- analyze business results
- act as required or authorized by law.
If you are an individual, ACPI may collect, use, and disclose your Social Insurance Number (SIN) for the purpose of income tax reporting.
From time to time, ACPI may disclose your personal information to external sources. This includes credit agencies, other financial institutions, insurance companies, and mutual fund companies in which you invest and other parties who provide services to ACPI. ACPI may also rely on external sources to collect personal information about you.
What We Will NOT Do with Your Information
ACPI does not disclose your information to any other organization to use for its own purposes. We do not sell client information or trade client information with anyone. We do not share client information with organizations outside of our relationship with you that would use it to contact you about its own products or services.
Correcting Personal Information
Brian D. Driscoll
Chief Compliance Officer
Aligned Capital Partners Inc.
3430 South Service Road, Suite 200
Burlington, Ontario L7N 3T9
Retention of Personal Information
We may retain your personal information on file after you cease to be a client of ACPI for as long as we require such information or as long as is demanded under regulatory and legal requirements.
We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information
All employees, advisors, agents, and suppliers who are granted access to client records understand the need to protect this information and keep it confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the intended purposes. This expectation is clearly communicated. We have also established physical and electronic systems safeguards and proper processes to protect client information from unauthorized access or use.
-  Bearing Capital includes a version of this text on its website.